Whether or not the official word from CCP means jack shit when it comes to the practicality of what is prioritized...well, let's look at a few recent things that have really helped carebears.
- planetary interaction (May 26, 2010)
- incursions (25 January 2011)
- salvage industry ship (also during the incursion expansion)
- warping through planets (29 November, 2011)
- autopilot to stations (also during the crucible expansion)
- salvage drones (December 4, 2012)
- mining frigate (also during the retribution expansion)
- minigame for explorers (June 4, 2013)
- forgetful warning popup for courier missions (also during odyssey expansion)
- corporate role 'factory manager' changed so that 'cancelling' a job is only allowed by installer*
- bastion module for the marauders (November 19th, 2013)
- mobile tractor (also during the rubicon expansion)
(*- and director)
obviously, 'recent' for me is the last 3 years. It's a pretty impressive list since those to me are huge big deals from the pov of a carebear.
So would i throw in the towel and start screaming at CCP because the high sec folks were being sidelined? nah. But i am certainly smug over having my cynicism about CCP's ignorance, as a whole, about the mindsets of the various players (bartle style)...and their subpar performances compared to Eve-uni and other n00b friendly organizations. Not to mention their poor knowledge of actual mechanics (like excess ore lost to space garbage, and not checking any options in fleet advert means it's an open fleet. pfft)